
This summer while I was attending a retreat I was invited and encouraged to visit two teams working in Bosnia. As I wrote email messages about this possibility it became more clear that this would be a good idea. I first visited the town of Mostar, which was devastated during the war. Many areas have been rebuilt, but there are still many destroyed building and signs warning of land mines.

The town of Mostar is divided in half by a river. One side of the river is populated mostly by Bosniacs and the other by Croatians.

The second town I visited was Travnik. It is a smaller town than Mostar and is mostly Bosniac. I was hosted by a team that has a vision for encouraging a faith community which is culturally relevant to the local people. They were a great encouragement to me and to our project as they seek to spread the Good News in this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment